Online Betting Sites For UK Punters
Welcome to Betting Sites Online - your guide to finding the best online betting sites for UK punters. To get started you might want to check out our top bookmaker recommendations in the 'Best Betting Sites' table below or browse our full list of free bets. For more details about a betting site, or to read our review simply click the sites logo in the table.
If you're looking to bet on a particular sport, don't miss our individual sports betting guides - we currently have guides for Boxing, Cricket, Darts, Football, Golf, Horse Racing, Rugby, Snooker and Tennis. Each sports page contains a list of recommended betting sites that excel in that particular sport along with a handy guide to betting on the sport. Plus links to our latest betting previews.
Best Online Betting Sites For February, 2015
The betting sites listed in the table above are our top picks based on usability, promotions, odds and markets. You can see a larger list of bookmakers on our betting bonuses page.
Why Bet Online?
The old days of trapsing down to the local bookies in the rain on a saturday morning are long gone, and now more and more punters are choosing to bet from the comfort of their own homes (or even the pub!). Here are just a couple of reasons why betting online beats standing next to the sweaty guy in the dirty mac who doesn't have any teeth:
- Free Bets - All of a sudden you have choice, and you're not just going to settle for the nearest bookie any more. So they have to compete for your business, which is done with free bets. Most of the time these are given as a matched bet so if you deposit and bet £25, you receive a second £25 for free. Some betting sites (OK, one) are so confident (cocky?) in the service they offer that they give away a no deposit free bet.
- Betting Promotions - As well as free bets, any bookie worth their salt also offers ongoing and event specific promotions. These vary by site and by event but include things like free bets, money back specials, enhanced odds, treble payouts and accumulator bonuses.
- More Choice - We've touched on this slightly already, but there are way more bookies online than on the high street. Some big brands ave even been getting involved, such as Sky (yes, the TV people).
- Betting Shops Are Depressing - Let's face it, even the ones that they've tried to make over are dingy, grey and smell of sweat. Unless of course you'll miss the useless tips that you never asked for and the creepy guy staring at you from the corner of the room (or maybe that's just my local bookies...).
- You Can Still Watch Live Racing - We asked a few people and the reason they gave for visiting a traditional bookmakers was to watch the races. Did you know that these races are all available to stream online? To access them you'll need to a computer that was built this century, a betting site that offers the races and a 50p bet on the race. Bet365 seem to offer the best streaming service with a low minimum bet and all UK and Ireland races, plus streams of other sports such as tennis, golf, football and so on (depending on the rights).
- No More Mistakes - The bets are placed by clicking boxes and not scribbling names and numbers down on a bit of grubby paper. So there's no more arguing with Mable behind the counter over a mistake on a betting slip.
- Betting Exchanges - Something that you'll never come across on the high street is a betting exchange such as Betfair or Betdaq. These sites match you up with punters who want to bet against you meaning that you can bet on an event not happening (such as Liverpool not winning the champions league) - this is known as a 'laying' (rather than backing). Another benefit of an exchange is that it often offers better odds than traditional bookmakers, although the flip side of this is that the free bets and promotions tend to be a bit thinner on the ground.
To get started, simply head on over to one of the betting sites we've selected as our top picks in the table above.
About Betting Sites Online
Our aim at BettingSitesOnline.org.uk is to help guide you in choosing a betting site. To do this we have created a number of lists such our top 10 betting sites, betting sites that accept PayPal and betting sites with loyalty reward programs. The menu on the right hand side of the page contains all of these lists, so all you have to do is pick the feature that interests you.
As we mentioned earlier, all of the recommendations and reviews featured on this website are aimed at UK punters. For this reason all of the bookies listed comply with the new UK online gambling legislation due to start in late 2014. The new rules require all real money betting sites to hold a valid UK license, wheras up to now a license in another EU country was sufficient.